W195: Water Quality Issues in Poultry Production and Processing
List of Annual Meetings
- Saturday 11/06/04 to Sunday 11/14/04
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- R. Mike Hulet,
- Additional Info:
- November 6: Saturday night: Leave United States. Leave US that night with plans to arrive the following day by 10 am at Schiphol Airport. Flights from the East Cost have varied from $350 to $600 depending where you leave from and what kind of discount tickets that you could find.
November 7: Sunday: Arrive Amsterdam, Netherlands. Arrive Amsterdam, Drive to Hotel in Haarlem or Naarden (Hotel $120 - 160/room; van cost/week = $821/van/week; train trip = $7 to 15 From Weesp or Haarlem); It is hard to find parking in Amsterdam - best to stay outside and take a train into the city. Visit: Rijkmuseum (National Museum) Black Watch other Old Masters Art Collections. http://rijksmuseum.nl/asp/framuk.asp?name=bezoekersinfo3 ($10 - 12/person) Visit: Van Gogh Museum http://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/bisrd/top-1-2-1-1.html ($10 - 12/person) Visit: Flea Market - Waterloo in Amsterdam http://www.amsterdam.info/shopping/albert_cuypmarkt/ Visit: Ann Frank house (Cost/person)http://www.amsterdam.info/museums/anne_frank_house/ ($10 - 12/person) Others if time, Grote Kerk, Oude Kerk, Canal Street, etc. Return to hotel
November 8: Monday: meeting with European Researchers Ellen Contact Hotel: Wageningen: $80 - 110/room; 1) Hilko Ellen regulations in Holland for air emissions and bird density 2) Peter Van Horne Economics of Welfare and Environmental Legislation 3) Lunch 4) Vegetative Filter Report 5) Reconditioning Litter Report 6) Nutrition strategies to reduce P and N Report 7) Litter uses/reuses Report 8) Other Reports
November 9: Tuesday: Tour Poultry Facilities Hotel: Wageningen: $80 - 110/room; 1) Lagerwey Hatchery - Confirmed 2) Broiler growout Vencomatic Cage System Ellen Contact 3) Broiler operation Traditional Heated Floor House Ellen Contact 4) Broiler Hatch/Brood System HatchTech??? Hulet Contact
November 10: Wednesday: Tour Poultry Facilities 1) Layer facility Aviary/ Enhanced Cages Ellen contact 2) Nutreco Reception Boxmeer Confirmed with Richard Maatman, Nutreco 3) Fan Com facility equipment tour, Puttinen Hulet contact 4) Salmet /Intervet / Stork (if interested0 Travel to Hannover, Germany : Hotel: $120 - 160/room November 11: Thursday: Eurotier 2004 Hannover Visit Eurotier 2004 Hanover, Germany: http://www.eurotier.de/ ($25 admission) Stay in Hanover: Seminar at night with Skov: Hotel: $120 - 160/room
November 12: Friday: Tour Turkey Facility and Germany Visit Kartsfehn Turkey Operation Growout Visit Rhine River Valley Bacharach / Castle / Cruise of Rhine? ($9 - 12/place visited; more for the cruise); the visit to the town could cost you big time is you like presents; clocks, etc. Stay in Germany: Koblentz/Trier : $80 - 120/room
November 13: Saturday: Return to Holland through Luxemburg and Belgium Visit town of Trier, Germany tour has Roman to modern history situated in the Mossel Valley. Visit Luxemburg one stop in the capital Travel through Belgium one stop: Brussells? Travel to near Amsterdam (Haarlem, stay one night- $80 - 120)
November 14: Sunday: Leave Europe Leave Amsterdam that Morning around 10 - 11 am to return home by afternoon on Sunday so you can get to work first thing Monday morning, refreshed and ready for another week right?
- Last Modified:
- Wednesday 10/22/03 to Wednesday 10/22/03
- Ocean City, MD Clarion Hotel
- Nancy Fey-Yensan, Gloria S. Wyche-Moore
- Additional Info:
- A few of the committee will meet the next day to finish dividing up the work for the rewrite, so that it can be written and submitted for critique and approval for another 5 year term. Our agenda will include state reports, plans for an international meeting to Europe in 2004, and plans for the rewrite of the regional project. The meeting will coincide with the annual Health and Management Meeting that is conducted by Delmarva organization. This meeting involves many of the poultry veterinarians as well as production managers in the Delaware and Madison, Wisconsin.
- Last Modified: